Article Text

PDF
Mushroom poisoning

Abstract

Many poisonous mushrooms can be confused with edible species and eaten by mistake. Serious poisoning is fortunately rare in Britain. The best known poisonous mushroom is the Death Cap (Amanita phalloides), but many other mushrooms more commonly cause poisoning; they can be identified from a reference book or the RoSPA poster* showing poisonous fungi in colour.

Statistics from Altmetric.com

Footnotes

  • * Available from The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, Canon House, The Priory Queensway, Birmingham B4 6BS; it costs 73p.

Request permissions

If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.